Friday, January 05, 2007

Eid ul-Adha Pics

Ok so here are the pics from the farm on Eid. Both from Saturday and Sunday. I had a lot of fun, but it was quite stressful at the same time. I'm just glad to be home, and well tomorrow I'll be back at JAS inshaAllah.




This is Dodger, our guard dog ( a half German Sheppard and half Labrador). Oh did I update on Tiger, our previous dog, a bloodhound? Well he got sold because he didn't do a good job at being a guard, he thought everyone was a friend and family, he was a good dog...

Anyways my dad bought Dodger this summer and this little doggy takes his job seriously, and I mean seriously. He barked his vocals out this Eid (by Monday night he was making squeaky noises). He barked at every car that came in, and every person (excluding my family) that came near the house. Alhamdulillah he was chained so it wasn't that bad. He just got a lot of BBQ , cookies, cake and a whole lot of desi food, lucky him.




Ok this little dude here, the one in the middle was staring at me after I took the pic. So I "baa"ed at him and he baa'd back. I did it again, he does it too. It went on for like a min. until all the sheep and goats stop what they were doing and started staring at me. Yeah, that's where it's got really creepy...I realized then I needed food, since I hadn't eaten all day.


Ok this BBQ was on Sunday, and it was awesome! Seriously, there was a huge line outside the kitchen where the BBQ was, inside the ladies were making Biryani, and the kids were watching movies, playing games and having "marker fights" (I just saw kids with colourful marks on their faces and clothes). Sunday was mad crazy and fun all at once. Saturday was stressful with my mum getting injured and everything falling apart afterwards with some inpatient people...but Alhamdulillah, she's okay and doing well.


My mum's kabobs, mmmm I can still taste them.


My sister took these pics from a room on the top level of the house.


In the big living room, all we did was burn logs and paper in the fireplace since the heating in the house got busted. It was fun though, especially when we roasted marshmallows (halal ones) on sticks.

Well take care all and remember me in your du'as :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yoooo the sheep or goats or watever they are r soo creeeepyy =|..lol
newayz..hope u had a great eid =)
hmm...mayb i shud bcum a blogger..
mayb nott..
think its the coke givin me thoughts =p lol
k salam take caree
luv yaa <3,
Neeeemoooo =)
*is very high at the moment*

Rhythmic Explosion said...

very cool. Belated Eid mubarak

Anonymous said...

Khuttas are haraam!

=P

Umm Haniah said...

Naeema ....you sound crazy! You shouldn't be drinking coke at night, if you do that at JAS, I wouldn't know what to do except maybe get amina to scare you with her psycho-killer act...hehe now now I'm getting ideas

hey n/ rhythmic explosion, long time no see. Belated Eid Mubarak to you as well. :)

omar.. he's a guard dog that eats Parle-G cookies from india, and lives outside in his dog house (thank God!!!!) :P

Anonymous said...

wow sumaiya u actually took pics from the farm.......its me SAAima :P

Umm Haniah said...

wow saaima you commented!! Yup they're from 2 years ago i think. You should comment more often!