Okay I know it's been very long since I've posted, but with so many things going on right now I just hardly feel like sitting down and updating, or you can just call it being lazy to update. I would think of random posts to write since the last real post but I could never get down to it. Then today after I decided that I must post, I thought I should put all the thoughts (I actually forgot many of them so just some of them) into points and post in 1 BIG (or medium) blog post!
So here they are, all the updates and random thoughts:
- It's FALL!!!! Oh the horror! I still remember seeing the first brown leaf on our drive way and I pointed at it in distress to my husband, crying (not literally!) about summer ending. Now I'll have to embrace the wind chills and piles of snow, and not just any winter, I'm going to have to get ready for Regina, Saskatchewan's winter! Yup, you just read Regina, and that's were I'm moving too.
- So I guess that's the second point. I'm moving out of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) were I was born, raised, and married to the other side (the western side) of Canada, aka the Prairies. I would have never thought I'd be moving there someday...but here I am packing away all my things and planning our move to Regina inshaAllah, in 2 weeks. My husband got an offer to be the Imam at the Masjid in Regina and he took it after we went to see it, talked about it with our families and finally doing istikharah. So lot's of du'as needed! We'll be moving on Nov., 16 inshaAllah. It's exciting and sad at the same time, and sometimes one of them is more then the other...I'm pretty sure you can guess which one, please remember us in your du'as!
- The conservatives are in Parliament again. yippy! (in a very sarcastic tone) The liberals are a disgrace, and I never liked Dion from the start. They seriously need to step up and to go over what it means to be Liberal and not the babbling group of opposition in Parliament. Someone like Trudeau is needed to be the head of the Liberals.
- I wonder (as does the rest of the world, since it effects us all) who will be the head in the white house...
- Tina Fey is just too good, and I just don't like Palin, she's the wrong chess move that McCain made. So far that move isn't helping him, I guess we'll see for sure tomorrow.
- I played Nintendo Wii yesterday at my sis-in-law's with my husband. All I can say is, it's too much fun! :D
- Man, the GTA is becoming so dangerous now. From shootings and stabbings to all the schools (including the elementary schools that I went too) in my hometown going in lock down just a while ago. It's crazy! May Allah (swt) protect us from all harms and evils around us! I mean just a few years ago, you would hardly hear about murders and gun violence on the news. Unfortunately now, it's an everyday thing. It's all to do with the drugs, the guns (coming from the border...), the weak justice system and the weak education system here.
- I just stopped teaching at Lote Tree on Thursday and we had a little party with my class. Oh, I'm really going to miss them all, teaching them was definitely a pleasure, alhamdulillah. They were really good kids mashaAllah.
- My poor ipod stopped working, I don't know why, but I miss playing it while I'm in the kitchen. It was the first most expensive thing I bought with my own money about 3 yrs ago. It works when I connect it to the computer but otherwise it just doesn't work! :(
So now I'm running out of things to write, so I'll just stop here. I'll update again, at least once or twice before I leave InshaAllah.