Friday, October 23, 2009

Summer's Gone :(

Goodbye Summer!

This time of the year is sort of sad for me. With summer ending so fast here in Regina (did we even have a proper summer?) and with a very bad winter coming along (Allahu Alim, but that's what's the farmers apparently say) it's pretty depressing! Usually it's nice, bright and sunny in Regina, but it's been more cloudy then usual. Now, to actually get not-so-cold days and some sunshine seems exciting. I'd say to my husband after checking the weathernetwork.com, "It's going to be 8 degrees today!!!" I'm saying it as if it was the best thing that happened to me in a long time. Yeah, it's pretty sad.

With all that sad stuff aside, Alhamdulillah I can at least say that I had a great summer! I went to Toronto, drove from there with my family to here, drove with them to Alberta, went to Jasper and Banff. Then Ramadhan came, Eid came, went to T.O again (as my Eid gift from my husband) for a week after Eid and I went to see my friend in Minnesota (US) during the Thanksgiving Day long weekend! Alhamdulillah I had a lot of fun =D

I'm actually finally settling in again. I mean, since July I've just been sort of all over the place and not really on a fixed schedule. Now that it's all over and evening madresa has started again, I'm falling back in my schedule. Oh and InshaAllah the Seerah halaqah (at IAOS Regina) will also be starting again. With a few more other classes, I'll really be busy and in Regina for a long time.

So here's the poster for that, I actually enjoyed making this one a lot. I'm still not satisfied with it because I hardly know how to use Corel Draw still. Anyone know where I can get good tips (easy to understand and with lots of screen-shots) about how to do some creative things on there?! I'd really appreciate it, it gets me so frustrated sometimes.



Besides all of the above, I really want to rant on some of the things going on right now. Ok there's actually one in particular I'd like to rant about, can you guess?

It's the whole niqab issue. Yes, that one. However I'll have to do that later, I need to still organize myself with this blog, there are some over due things that need to be posted first. Until then, keep visiting! I'm sorry for not updating often, I really don't know why I still have a blog..

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Asslamualaikum
Glad u had an awesome summer!
I'm looking forward to ur next post about the niqab ban here in canada.
And since u seem to have a lot of knowledge(mashallah), i would like to ask if going to a protest is ok, like islmically..cuz sometime next week theres a niqab protest goin on downtown and i was thinking of going, but i wasnt sure if its right to protest.

Umm Haniah said...

wa alaykum salam,
I'll be posting about that for sure inshaAllah and I'll talk about the protest as well :)

learn quran online said...

mashallah good job and i would be following you through