Saturday, September 02, 2006

Cirque Niagara

As salaamu alaikum

During the last week of June, my cousin and her husband came from the U.K. They were staying over at her grandmother’s place, so before they left we took them out. We went to see the falls and stuff since they’d already been shopping and whatnot.

**Note: For all the years I’ve been living in Ontario (basically my whole life), whenever we went to Niagara…all we did was stare at the falls, eat, and stare at the falls again before we left. And if we were lucky we would take a ‘quick’ walk down Clifton Hill…Otherwise, we have never done anything else**

So the day before we left, of earth had basically made a whole “tour guide” of halal restaurants, and other places to visit and see (besides the falls). When we got there we dropped my cousin off at the hotel where she was going to spend the night while we (my family and I) were going to stay at the farm since it’s only about 15ish minutes away. After they checked in, we just went walking up to the falls and walked down the little path until we found a place to eat.

After we ate, of earth and I went to buy tickets for this circus. Now this is where we actually hit the main point of the whole post. The circus. It wasn’t just any old circus…it was Avaia.

“Avaia includes the world’s greatest acrobats together with Russia’s rarest horses”.

On the pamphlet it says:

“Avaia is a mystical journey into the abyss of time where ancient mysteries of the past engage the innovations of the future. Above all, it is a celebration of life and of man’s love fore horses. The name Avaia is derived from the Sanskrit and Latin languages meaning – a source of rejoicing, a source of celebration. The infinitely creative mix of artistry, acrobatics and dance will astonish and spark the imagination. The artists not only defy the laws of gravity, they unveil the secret wisdom of the future and of times past.”

So anyway, at 5pm we took the shuttle bus to the place they were holding the circus…which was right across from Marineland. We were like 5 minutes late, but didn’t miss anything.

These people with their horses were AMAZING! Seriously! I wish I could’ve taken pics but some of the ones I posted are the ones that are on the pamphlet. And trust me, they did everything and more than what’s in those pics. This was one circus that I would love to see again. Of earth really wanted to write a post on this but I kept forgetting to give her the pamphlet…*oops*…so I just decided to write it up and post it hehe.







Oh yeah, we also took a ride on the Maid of the Mist. It was the boat ride that took us extremely close to the falls. Man, I wish I could’ve taken pics of that as well. It looked sooo beautiful up close, SubhanAllah, I can’t find words to describe it. Ofcourse by the time we got off we were soaking…even though we had raincoats on. (I kept mine teehehe)

Here's a pic from one of the postcards...Though it's no where as beautiful as how we saw it upclose.

3 comments:

Rhythmic Explosion said...

lol cool, circus. I really want to go to one again, I've only been once and that was many many years ago... i barely remember it. Maid of the Mist if awesome and so are the raincoats lol. Last time we went the boat was rocking a bit too much on the water, which frightened me a bit esp when they spoke of someone drowning in the falls water. But indeed, subhanallah gorgeous sight.

Farzeen Mahmud said...

Oh my god, I was there too! Maid of the Mist is gorjussss.

believeress said...

yeah, it really is!